Thursday, March 8, 2007

Holiday Mood??

Holiday Mood??


Hello npsdian, how are you all doing lately? Should not be much of a problem right as you all are having your much deserved holiday currently. If there is any problem like insomnia or too much time to kill, then please contact me and I will “participate” actively to solve your troubles. Please enjoy and relax to the maximum during your holiday but at the same time, while you are enjoying yourselves, take some time out and ponder on what you want to “be” in the next semester.

Or example, you may want to be a “superman” in your CCA where you will be able to score crucial goals and execute beautiful passes that penetrates your opponent‘s defense. I know in some stage of my poly days, I did possess that kind of dream. Or perhaps, you may want to be a “bookworm” in the next semester by getting ready your “thick” glasses and books and mentally preparing yourselves to get numerous ADs in your report card.

No matter who or what you aspire to be for next semester, please advance in the direction of your goals joyfully and absolutely making use of daimoku. If I were to able to relive my poly days again , not only must I excel in my CCA and studies, my role as a CIC is of utmost importance too.

Understanding the spirit of mentor and disciple and being able to talk to my friend about other things rather than the latest computer games and other stuff are the things that occasionally we, as youth ought to develop. I still remember during the SOKA exchange, after just knowing this SOKA university student for about half an hour, he asked me: “So weiliang, what your dream??” I was of course taken aback but on hindsight, I asked myself, “although I know some of my friends for ages but have I really asked them about their dreams? I guess at times the reason for not enquiring them is because I was afraid to be ridicule as a person who is “naïve” enough to stick to the “impossible”. In the book “Boy”, a biography book of Roald Dahl, he reckons that almost all the great fiction authors are associated with alcohol because it is extremely difficult to write on hope and courage therefore the effect of the alcohol enables them to be in another world where morality exists.

Although right now, we may seems small but what we decide to do now will be of impact to the future. Please really develop yourself into someone who will be able to attract happiness and bring hope and joy to your friend.

Lastly, I like to end off this posting with a modified poem meant for the Young lions by SSA general director Ong Bon Chai:

“You are the CICs, key players in NPSD.

How would you like to be remembered?
What kind of values would you be proud to uphold?

You may like to ponder deeply, both as an individual and as a group.

For me, if I were a CIC, I would like to be one that is trustworthy, that people
will trust me when I show them the way.

I would also like to be trained as a refined individual, courteous and upstanding.
I will always remember that I am the “face” of NPSD
Above all, I would like to be known as a true disciple of the Lion King of
kosen-rufu. A disciple that is totally committed to carrying out the mission
alongside my mentor.

I believe such traits acquired in my CIC days will serve me well into the future.
And I will always be proud to say “ Once a CIC, always a CIC.”

May I wish each and everyone lots of opportunities and good circumstances in
your endeavor.”

Yours sincerely,
Ong Bon Chai
SSA General Director


regards,
wL

No comments: